Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada announced last week that Express Entry draws will resume.
IRCC is opening express entry draws through “category-based rounds of invitations,” which invite applicants based on industry.
Last week, on September 20, the initial set of invitations for occupations in the transportation sector took place (draw #264). This strategy focuses on individuals with a background in the transportation sector, including occupations like commercial truck drivers, pilots, and workers in the assembly of aircraft. The objective is to increase the industry’s capacity to draw top talent from around the country.
It is predicted that another round will begin this week, but it is not known what sector will be chosen.
The IRCC website gives some insight on how to apply for express entry:
Each round of invitations has a set of instructions that are
- posted online at the time of the round
- used by the Express Entry system to invite candidates from the pool
The instructions include
- the date and time of the round
- the number of candidates that will get an invitation to apply
- the round type (general, program-specific or category-based)
- which immigration program(s) are included in the round, if this applies (for program-specific rounds)
- eligibility for the category, if this applies (for category-based rounds)
Check in with IRCC regularly to see how you can take advantage of the express entry drawings, and get in touch with the team here at Dhanu Dhaliwal Law Group for help with your immigration matters!